All information regarding volunteering within the schools of the Blairsville-Saltsburg School District are in accordance with School Board Policy #916: Volunteers
Pennsylvania Department of Human Services (DHS) has provided the following FAQ document to assist in understanding Volunteers and Clearances.
In accordance with School Board Policy #916, all school volunteers are required to obtain the following clearances:
- Pennsylvania State Criminal Background (Act 34),
- Child Abuse (Act 151), and
- Federal Criminal History Record (Act 114, Fingerprinting).
Be sure to keep your original clearances in a safe place. The District will request originals, not copies.
- In addition, Act 24 of 2011 requires disclosure of any prior arrests or convictions to a school district. This form is to be submitted each year.
- A completed Volunteer Agreement form is also required each year.
ACT 24 - Arrest or Conviction Form
- Complete the ACT 24 - PDE Arrest or Conviction Form
ACT 34 - PA Criminal History Record
- Complete the online request at: https://epatch.state.pa.us
- Be sure to choose the "New Record Check (Volunteers Only)" Link
ACT 151 - PA Child Abuse History Clearance
- Complete the online request at https://www.compass.state.pa.us/cwis/public/home
- You will need to create an individual account
ACT 114 - FBI Fingerprinting
- If you have been a resident of PA for the past 10 years (continuously), you may submit a Volunteer Clearance Exception waiver form.
- Download the Volunteer Clearance Exception Form
- You must sign the form in the presence of a witness.
- If you are unable to use the Volunteer Clearance Exception form, be sure to follow these instruction for the Act 114 Clearance:
- Visit the IndentoGO website to find a fingerprinting location.
- Select "Digital Fingerprinting."
- Enter Service Code 1KG6XN.
- Complete the online registration form.
- You will receive an email with a link to access your results.